SCEMS Program on Historical Flutes (1500-1900)
January 13, 2006, St. Andrews Church, West Los Angeles.
Click here for details.
Program for the Recital at 1:30
- Consort music by renaissance masters.
- Airs et Brunettes for three flutes, arranged by
Jacques Hotteterre (1674-1763).
- Trio, Op.19/5, by Francois Devienne (1759-1803).
- Duo, Op.10/1, by Friedrich Kuhlau (1786-1832).
- Roslin Castle, Scotch Air, for solo flute, arranged
by Charles Nicholson (1795-1837).
- Grand Quartet in D, Op.92 (first movement), by
Ernesto Koehler (1849-1907).
Selections are played on instruments appropriate to the
historical period. The performers are Harry Bower, Asuncion Ojeda, Rick Wilson,
and Sherril Wood.